The Manor is a non-sectarian, not-for-profit agency in Liberty, Missouri, celebrating 30+ years of providing life changing habilitation services for persons with a developmental disability. Immacolata Manor focuses on the values and principles of community membership, self-determination, human rights, and basic needs, so that the persons we serve will be supported and empowered to achieve their highest potential and live their lives with dignity and respect. We are looking for responsible, compassionate, dependable individuals to fill the following position:
Support Specialists, Community Living Residential Program – Full-time, Part-time and Overnights
Support Specialists are the primary providers of hands-on care for the individuals with disabilities who call Immacolata Manor home. They assist individuals with a broad range of personal assistance including preparation of meals, cleaning, helping with medications, bathing, dressing, mobility, and getting to planned activities on a daily basis. Support Specialists are often familiar with what persons with disabilities want and need, and respond to both. Support Specialists touch more people, carry the biggest responsibility and have a more significant impact than any other position. That’s the power of direct care work.
• Must pass and maintain training and certification in all required areas such as CPR, First Aid, Level I Medication Administration, and Class E driver’s license. (CPR, First Aid, and Medication Administration training provided by Immacolata Manor.)
• Must demonstrate the ability to write clear, accurate event reports and logs in a timely manner. Computer experience a plus.
• Must demonstrate safe practices in all areas and exemplify positive professional standards.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Requires drug test and security check.
We are looking for Support Specialists to work in our Day Program. The qualified individual will be responsible for ensuring daily activities are planned, that activities are person-centered, and that activities are meaningful. Will be responsible for assisting individuals with transportation to/from activities, ensuring daily/basic needs are met, and mentoring individuals to ensure their level of independence.
Must have HS Diploma/GED, a valid driver’s license (will need to obtain a MO Class E license within 90-days of employment).
Starting pay is $10.00/hour and hours are Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 4:15 pm.
- Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary starts at $10.00 hour.
- A full benefits package is available to all eligible full-time employees.